Understanding The Gender Wage Gap
Male/female income disparity has long been studied over time, in rural vs urban settings, and across cultures.
As part of our degree calculator research project to help find the best paying degrees we came across data which suggests that perhaps some of the gender gap may be due to choice of major.
- Deep blue: dominated by men. (75% or more degrees go to men.)
- Light blue: slightly dominated by men. (65% ~ 75% of degrees go to men.)
- Black: dominated by neither men nor women
- Light pink: slightly dominated by women (65% ~ 75% of degrees go to women.)
- Bright pink: dominated by women. (75% or more degrees go to women.)